Why no Sound after Windows Install?
Why is there no sound after Windows install? After you install Windows, you may experience one or more of the following problems with sound:
* No sound is produced when you play audio files or run programs that have an audio component.
* The speaker symbol next to the clock in the notification area may display the following message: No Audio Output Device is installed.
* The Sound Controller in Device Manager displays a yellow exclamation point.
You can try the following solutions to fix no sound after Windows install:
- Install the current audio drivers.
- Verify the default output device.
No Sound after Windows Install: Install Audio Drivers
Audio Driver Software identifies audio drivers that have been installed on your computer and quickly locates the most up-to-date drivers available. It can locate and install audio drivers specific to your computer easily and freely.
This is the easy method to fix no sound after Windows install. The software can freely update Windows audio drivers easily and freely. All of the process is easy and all you have to do is just several mouse clicks.
No Sound after Windows Install: Verify Device
After you install Windows, you may find that the default output device, also known as the playback device, has changed.
To set the default device, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type "Sound" in the Start Search box, and then click "Sound" in the search results at the top of the Start menu.
- Click the "Playback" tab. A check mark is displayed next to the default device. For most users, the default device is "Speakers".
- Click the item that you want to set as the default device, and then click "Set Default".
- Click "OK" to save your settings and to close the Sound dialog box.
You can try the above methods one by one. The above solutions are both the methods to fix no sound after Windows install.